Through this Privacy Statement, TGI wants to reassure you that it will not sell, license or rent user information to any third party. This notwithstanding, TGI may share this information internally to respond to any questions you may have and to improve your experience on the site. By accessing the website, you have agreed to be bound by this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not use our website. Each time you use our website, the current version of this Privacy Statement will apply.
USER INFORMATION-COLLECTION AND USE: TGI collects information from users at several different points, including but not limited to, when a user: (1) registers on the website; (2) registers a warranty on the site; (3)accesses the website, or (4), contacts TGI/Cosmo via the website.
TGI’s website may retain information from any participant. By participating on the website, you are agreeing that TGI and any agent representing or working on behalf of TGI can record and/or retain your information. TGI is not liable for any information provided and/or the consequences thereof. Any user who does so hereby does so at his or her own risk and agrees to release TGI from any liability, damages, or causes of action relating thereto.
If a user is requested to provide personally identifiable information (such as name, address, telephone number, social security number, etc.), any user who does so hereby does so at his or her own risk and agrees to release TGI of any liability, damages, or causes of action relating thereto. You may choose not to provide us with any personally identifying information. In that case, you can still access and use portions of our website; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of the TGI website that requires your personal information.
OUTSIDE WEBSITES: TGI’s website may contain external links to other websites. You should be aware that other websites may have different privacy policies than TGI, and that we cannot control the policies of these other websites. Please note that this Privacy Statement applies solely to the operation of TGI’s website and the information collected by our website. While we strongly support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of other websites, the use of information collected by other websites or the content of other websites.
IMPORTANT WEBSITE TERMINOLOGY: Below are some important terms and an explanation of what our website does with these items:
1. Cookies. "Cookies" are small, removable pieces of data that are stored by a user's Internet browser on a user's computer when TGI’s website is accessed that enables us to track and personalize our website to a user's experience. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookies installed on your computer. You may erase them, block them or have notifications sent to you when a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if a user's browser refuses the cookie, some of the features and services of TGI’s website may not operate fully or properly.
3. Google Analytics. At times, we may use certain tools provided by Google, e.g., Google Analytics and other Google services across all of TGI’s websites that place cookies on a user's browser. These cookies help us personalize the website experience and increase the website's effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by Google. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
4. Google AdWords. TGI’s use of Google's AdWords to display commercial offers and services across the web could place a tag on certain browser pages, which is used to bring you offers based on past online choices. You may opt out of this service by visiting the following link: https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA): TGI's website is directed to the general public and, due to its product offerings, does not expect individuals under the age of thirteen (13) to access the site. Consistent with generally accepted good practices, TGI will never ask a user’s date of birth, age, questions that may elicit age related information, or knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from users that indicate that they are under the age of thirteen (13).
SECURITY INFORMATION: TGI has taken appropriate precautions to protect user information on our website. When users submit personally identifiable information, TGI takes commercially accepted and recommended steps to protect that information both on- and off-line. Nevertheless, currently no data transmission over the Internet or method of storage - electronic or otherwise - can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While TGI strives to protect your information, absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
SPECIAL OFFERS, ACCOUNT UPDATES, AND OPTING OUT: TGI occasionally sends our customers and the users of our website announcements and updates, which contain important information about our website and our product and service offerings, including those from its affiliated companies, which we believe to be of value to our customers and users. To facilitate this, we may enhance or merge the information we collect on our website with data lawfully obtained from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to our customers and users. We may communicate with the users of our website via e-mail, telephone, mail, or fax to provide services, content, and product information, notification of offers, discounts or in regard to customer service issues relating to a particular account. TGI does provide a user of our website the opportunity to elect not to receive such marketing communications.
UNSUBSCRIBE OPTION: Our e-mail messages have an "unsubscribe" / “opt out” feature for prior users of our website who have become our customers, but do not want to be notified about special offers in the future. At any time, users can "reply" back to the e-mail message and type "unsubscribe" in the subject field. We will remove that e-mail address from our e-mail lists. To ensure proper updating of account information, users with more than one e-mail address are asked to include those in any "unsubscribe" request. Non-customer users who do not wish to receive any such e-mail messages can opt out by: (i) calling us at 305-696-0096; (ii) mail us at Cosmo Tires / Tire Group International, LLC, Attn: Web & eCommerce Privacy, 7500 NW 35th Terr, Miami, FL 33122 or (iii) e-mail us at email@example.com.
NOTE: To avoid any confusion, the use herein and/or the reference to in this document to Tire Group International, LLC or “we” or “our” encompasses Tire Group International, LLC and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents (direct and in-direct), related entities, successors, predecessors, assigns and its and their employees, officers, directors and owners.
California law may also provide you with additional rights regarding your personal information under the law commonly known as the CCPA. These rights may include the right to know the categories of personal information we collect, from where we collect the information, how we use it, and if we disclose, share or sell it to others. Your rights may also include the ability to request we delete your personal information (subject to certain legal exemptions) and the right to tell us not to sell your information.
PRIVACY STATEMENT-CALIFORNIA:This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of this website and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect:We collect personal information when you use our services. This information identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, consumers occupying a single dwelling (household), and/or device (“personal information”). To help the consumer understand what we do and do not collect, the chart below indicates the categories of personal information we generally may collect about consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- A real name, street address, including city, state and zip code, telephone number, Internet Protocol address (IP address), email address, account name, vehicle information such as VIN number, year, make, model, mileage and condition.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
- A name, signature, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information (we do not maintain or retain debit card, credit card or financial information other than the cost of products/services and method of payment). Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information.
- Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information.
- Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Physical location or movements.
- Sensory data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Current or past job history or performance evaluations, when you apply for a job with us.
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
- Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
- Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Personal information does not include:• Publicly available information from government records.• De-identified or aggregated consumer information.Information excluded from the CCPA's scope.
The Sources of the Information We Collect:We obtain the above-described categories of personal information from a variety of categories of sources. Below are categories of sources from which we gather personal information:
Directly and indirectly from: (i) users of this website (www.cosmotires.com) through tracking tools and when users provide information directly through the website; (ii) the information relating to the placement of product orders/dealer requests; (iii) social media platforms, like Twitter® or Facebook®; (iv) consumers through reviews, surveys, rebate forms/sales discounts, and contests/sweepstakes; TGI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities; and marketing agencies.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect:
There are several business or commercial reasons why we collect the personal information we collect. We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to contact you if you submitted a contact request.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
• To carry out our obligations regarding warranties provided.
• To improve our services and website, and present our website contents to you.
• For testing, research, analysis and product development.
• To present you with service reminders and other promotional offers and marketing materials that might be of interest to you.
• To evaluate job applications.
• As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may sell and/or disclose each of the above-identified categories for our business purposes. This includes but is not limited to, for example:
• Employees of TGI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities.
• Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
• Vendors that provide services on our behalf, including hosting and maintaining our website, sending emails and customer communications for us, providing marketing assistance, and sending customer reminders and other advertising.
We do not knowingly collect, disclose or sell the information of any minor.
Your Rights and Choices:
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights:
1. Contact Us
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit a verifiable consumer request by or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may submit a verifiable consumer request on your own behalf or on the behalf of your minor child.In addition, you may designate an agent to submit a verifiable consumer request on your behalf for a request to know information or to delete information. However, you must provide the agent written permission authorizing the agent to submit the request on your behalf. The agent must also verify his/her identity with us directly before we will provide him/her your information. This is not required of the authorized agent if you have provided the agent a power of attorney through Probate Court.
An authorized agent must provide the requested proof or we may deny the request. Additionally, the verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us reasonably to verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. It must also describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.Requests are limited. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
A. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information (if applicable).
• The categories of other parties with whom we share that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
• sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
• disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
B. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have about you, subject to certain exceptions.
• We may deny your deletion request, or fulfill it only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may keep personal information as permitted by the CCPA, such as for tax purposes or to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
3. Response Timing and Format
Upon receiving your request to know or a request to delete, we will confirm receipt of the request and provide information about how we will process the request, including our verification process. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request to know and/or to delete within 45 days of its receipt, though we may take up to an additional 45 days (for a total of 90-days) if necessary. Any disclosures we provide may only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
7500 NW 35th Terrace
Miami, FL 33122
Attn: Web & eCommerce Privacy